The currency of Kazakhstan. It is divided into 100 tıyn. The ISO-4217 code is KZT.
The following goods may be brought into Kazakhstan by people 18 years of age and older without incurring customs duty:
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco products.
- 3 liters of alcoholic beverages or wine.
- a reasonable quantity of perfume for personal use.
- goods up to an amount of EUR 1,500.- for personal use only and weighing less than 50 kilograms. Should the value or weight allowances be exceeded by residents or foreign nationals, this should be reported to customs and the appropriate forms should be completed. Goods declared on this form must be taken back out of the country on departure by all visitors.
- goods for personal use: clothing, toilet articles, personal jewellery, cameras, portable projection devices, video cameras, limited amount of films and accessories, portable music instruments, portable record players, portable recording and replaying equipment, portable radios, portable TV sets, portable typewriters, portable calculators, portable personal computers, binoculars, perambulators, wheelchairs, sports equipment, portable medical equipment and other goods obviously intended for personal use.